Home » Server Options » Replication » Replication solutions with Oracle 8i (release 8.1.7)
Replication solutions with Oracle 8i [message #302672] Tue, 26 February 2008 09:23 Go to next message
EricM78
Hello,

I'm looking for solutions to make real time replications from an Oracle 8i database.

For more details :
- we have an existing database with Oracle 8i
- we want to replicate this database: the replicated database will be used by a web application.
- we need the replication to be in real-time (we wish to have the shortest lag)

For the moment i didn't find much informations on the web and it seems that replication solutions for the version 8i are quiet limited.

Some more details :
- The responsable want imperatively that the web application work with a replicated database, without interacting directly with the original one.
- An evolution of oracle should be done but within some years so were trying to find a solution rapidely with 8i.

If someone have any idea on how i can do this, it would be helpfull.

Thanks,

Eric
Re: Replication solutions with Oracle 8i [message #302683 is a reply to message #302672] Tue, 26 February 2008 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Can an application, above all a web application, work with 8i when this is no more supported and have so more security holes?
Start immediatly with 10.2.

Regards
Michel
Re: Replication solutions with Oracle 8i [message #302837 is a reply to message #302672] Wed, 27 February 2008 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EricM78
Hello Michel,

I know the better would be to upgrade the oracle version, but it won't be done here (in the enterprise) until some year.
So the question is more what are the possibilities with this version of oracle. If there is not, we probably won't do this web application.

If there is one :
- What are the tools we need?
- What risks does it represent (security,etc....)?

Thanks for your help,

Eric
Re: Replication solutions with Oracle 8i [message #302845 is a reply to message #302837] Wed, 27 February 2008 02:51 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
So, don't do it.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: how to alter materialized view object
Next Topic: Initial synch of CDC subscriber
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:42:00 CDT 2024