Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Repmanager missing (Oracle 10.2.0.2.0, Windows 2003)
Repmanager missing [message #293775] Mon, 14 January 2008 22:10 Go to next message
DriveShaft
Running Windows 2003 64 bit
64 bit oracle 10.2.0.2.0

3 separate instances running. I am attempting to set up dbconsole for all three instances. When running 'emca' and trying to create or delete the repository, it keeps complaining about missing files.

For example....
CONFIG: 'd:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\sysman\admin\emdrep\bin\RepManager.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Looking around in this sysman directory, I have noticed that is is pretty empty. There are supposed to be some sql files and such, but all seem to be missing. There are lots of empty folders.

So I guess my question is.....How do I get these files like RepManager.bat back into these directories?
Re: Repmanager missing [message #293888 is a reply to message #293775] Tue, 15 January 2008 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malikjee

Hi there!

PLZ CHECK UR EMCA LOG FILE;
OR
DELETE REPOSITORY MENULAY NOT THROUGH DBCA;

SECONDLY!
YOU DIDNT MENTION CLEARLY THAT BEFORE THIS PROBLEM WETHER UR DB CONSOLE WAS RUNNNING SUCCESSFULY OR IT CREATING PROBLEM 4 THE FIRST TIME'
REGARDS
MALIK
Re: Repmanager missing [message #293892 is a reply to message #293888] Tue, 15 January 2008 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
please read OraFAQ Forum Guide and don't post in UPPER CASE.

Regadrs
Michel
Re: Repmanager missing [message #293897 is a reply to message #293892] Tue, 15 January 2008 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malikjee

Hi there!

Sorry for my mistake to use upper case in my post.
actualy,my keyboard was faulty , so I just change it.

any way thax alot for reminding my mistake.
I will try my best to not to do as such in future.
regards.
Malik Confused
Re: Repmanager missing [message #293982 is a reply to message #293888] Tue, 15 January 2008 18:12 Go to previous message
DriveShaft
A.) The error that I posted above was from the emca log file.

B.) All three databases were created manually. EM has never worked, for this is the first time we are attempting to get EM to work.

Since these scripts have never existed, I am doubtful that the repository was ever created, as there is no SYSMAN schema. Even if I drop everything manually assuming that there is something to drop, won't I still have problems when trying to create the repository? During creation it complains about a variable file that is missing in the sysman directory.

Thank you for your reply.

Driveshaft
Previous Topic: enterprise manager
Next Topic: New Software Configuration Manager on Metalink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:25:20 CDT 2024