Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » windows vista not allowing database to shutdown using OEM (oracle 10 g on windows vista)
windows vista not allowing database to shutdown using OEM [message #291781] Sun, 06 January 2008 18:06 Go to next message
risha
Hi All,
I installed oracle 10g on windows vista.when i try to shutdown database using OEM console it is not allowing,it is giving me a windows os error.please someone help.

regards
risha
Re: windows vista not allowing database to shutdown using OEM [message #291789 is a reply to message #291781] Sun, 06 January 2008 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Can you post here error message ?
did you try with services.msc for shutdown oem services ?
Re: windows vista not allowing database to shutdown using OEM [message #291924 is a reply to message #291781] Mon, 07 January 2008 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malikjee

risha wrote on Sun, 06 January 2008 18:06

Hi All,
I installed oracle 10g on windows vista.when i try to shutdown database using OEM console it is not allowing,it is giving me a windows os error.please someone help.

regards
risha

Hi threre!
can u give me some more detail that is like logfile
or something more about ur desctop error:
regards.
Malik
Re: windows vista not allowing database to shutdown using OEM [message #292069 is a reply to message #291924] Mon, 07 January 2008 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
risha
Hi,
when i shutdown using OEM it says the following.
it asks for username/password for OS and DBA,when i press ok it says

Current Status open
Operation shutdown immediate
Are you sure you want to perform this operation?

when i say

yes

The database is currently being shutdown, this operation may take some time. Once this operation is complete you can press refresh and be returned to Database Control.

Then a window pops up saying

"Oracle enterprise managerexecutable stopped working and was closed"
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.
Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

Then when i go to the main page the the database is still up and running.
This is the lo
(error = 10060)
2008-01-07 11:51:40 Thread-1452 WARN http: snmehl_connect: connect failed to (risha:3938): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
(error = 10060)

Again when i go and try to shutdown it gives me IOExeception .
What should i do?
regards
risha
Re: windows vista not allowing database to shutdown using OEM [message #292169 is a reply to message #292069] Tue, 08 January 2008 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

1. CHECK your firewall setting ?
If firewall setting already enable then try with disable.

2. on OS command prompt.
CMD>set oracle_sid=<sid>
CMD>emctl stop dbconsole

Re: windows vista not allowing database to shutdown using OEM [message #292316 is a reply to message #292169] Tue, 08 January 2008 09:17 Go to previous message
risha
Hi Mr.Taj

i tried those things but nothing seem to work.i know it is a windows vista problem but not able to figure out what to do.if u have anyother suggestion please say i will try.thank u for all ur help.

regards
risha
Previous Topic: Cant use AWR in EM - license issue?
Next Topic: Enterprise Manager Java Console cannot connect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:31:31 CDT 2024