Home » Infrastructure » Windows » How to Connect to remote Database? (I want to connect to any online database from my Pc having XP)
How to Connect to remote Database? [message #274086] Sat, 13 October 2007 11:01 Go to next message
sankar.talam

Hi all
can anyone help please...
I want to connect to any online database from my PC without having the installation of any database.
I know how to connect to the online database server like VIS_NEDHA1 from TOAD when having the oracle 9i database in my PC...
But i want to connect to that type of database(online database) without having any installed database in my PC..
please help me if any option is available..???
Re: How to Connect to remote Database? [message #274087 is a reply to message #274086] Sat, 13 October 2007 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
You may use isqlplus.
another link

By
Vamsi
Re: How to Connect to remote Database? [message #274090 is a reply to message #274087] Sat, 13 October 2007 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sankar.talam

Hi sir,,,
Thank you very much for your help..
Sir what my real issue is I want to connect to online oracle database without having any pre installation of oracle(oracle 8i or 9i,,,)using my brower...
If there is any option available please let me know the link for the database with the authentication.

Re: How to Connect to remote Database? [message #274092 is a reply to message #274086] Sat, 13 October 2007 13:01 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Oracle needs to be specifically configured to "talk to a browser". You'll need to talk to the DBA of the specific instance to which you want to connect to learn if (& how) it can be done.
Previous Topic: Oracle in OUIHome ODBC Driver
Next Topic: Critical patches for Windows XP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:18:54 CDT 2024