Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Help required for creating java beans area in forms
Help required for creating java beans area in forms [message #265095] Wed, 05 September 2007 07:20 Go to next message
sunny_ocp
Can any one write me the easy steps for creating java beans area in forms. I am using D.S 9i.
Re: Help required for creating java beans area in forms [message #265122 is a reply to message #265095] Wed, 05 September 2007 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soumen Kamilya

Try with this link Bean Area
this will help you to understand.
Cheers
Soumen
Re: Help required for creating java beans area in forms [message #265645 is a reply to message #265095] Thu, 06 September 2007 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunny_ocp
Dear, thanks very much for giving me the link, but in that pdf file, it tells how to work with oracle 10g Jdeveloper, As I am a student and I do not know much about D.S. so please write me or guide me through the easy steps of using java bean into a form or tell me any link which uses 9i D.S. Thanks.
Re: Help required for creating java beans area in forms [message #265647 is a reply to message #265095] Thu, 06 September 2007 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunny_ocp
Please any one can write me the easy steps for creating java beans area in forms. I am using D.S 9i. Thanks.
Not Yet Any One Helped. [message #266377 is a reply to message #265095] Mon, 10 September 2007 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunny_ocp
Yet any one did not provided help to me regarding how to create javabean in D.S 9i...
Re: Help required for creating java beans area in forms [message #266396 is a reply to message #265095] Mon, 10 September 2007 14:01 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
bottom line here is you are going to have to do some internet research. Start with these:

http://forms.pjc.bean.over-blog.com/

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/index.html

The short of it is this (hardest part is step 1):

1) alter your forms environment so that developer and runtime and/or application server can see the bean files. This requires usually manipulating the following:

A) classpath variable found in one of the environment files
B) forms_builder_classpath variable as an OS environment variable (on windows optionally a registry entry)
C) copy the jar files to the right directories
D) sign the jar files if neceessary

The easiest approach is to add your needed jar files to the end of the CLASSPATH variable, then cut/paste the value of this vairable as the value of an environment variable in your OS named FORMS_BUILDER_CLASSPATH.

2) you need to know the layout of the bean (what methods and properties can you set and get).
3) create a bean area on your form (a form item)
4) set the form item bean name property correctly

Cross your fingers an have try to compile and run the form.

An intersting bean from the first link above, is the web browser bean. Lets you show a webpage inside a form bean item. Would be neat to play Three Stooges episodes by setting the bean property to the right link eh?

Good luck, took me months to figure this out (but I am dense), Kevin
Previous Topic: Oracle/XML Interface
Next Topic: java beans and forms6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:26:20 CDT 2024