Home » Infrastructure » Windows » DBA Studio & Oracle Enterprise Manager
DBA Studio & Oracle Enterprise Manager [message #234508] Tue, 01 May 2007 17:51
10gnewbienewguy

Hi there,

I am having some difficulties installing DBA Studio and Oracle Enterprise Manager.

I have installed both on a Windows XP SP2 PC and am trying to connect to my DB's but can't manage this can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong.

her's a quick breakdown

I have insstalled both Enterprise Manager and DBA Studio on my own PC. I have Oracle 9I client installed with the TnsNames in the correct folder Oracle9i\Ora\Network\Admin folder.
Anyway when i open both of these applications i get the following errors.

ENTERPRISE MANAGER - Lets me see all my DB in the add new DB part from which i can select a checkbox of the db's i want installed. I can see all 4 databses on the tree structure in the left hand pane that i have selected. However, i can't seem to access the DB's or do anything with them. EM Simply request username and password and connection details. Please note i have both applications installed on another PC with Oracle* client and the usernames and passwords work ok on that PC.

DBA SSTUDIO - Opens in stanalone but most of the options when clicked simply do nothing. When i insert the the username and password in the dialog box the system simply sists with the dialog username & password box in the same state and does not connect.

1 - Please can anyone tell me if i can connect a 9i client PC to an Oracle 7 DB?

2 -Can anyone also tell me if i need to setup anything in the MY Computer > Data Sources >ODBC connection on the Windows PC?

3 - Last but not least can anyone tell me if i have to have a Windows user account that matches the oracle on the client PC?

Sorry if some of these questions seem basic but i have been reading the installation guides for the past week and don't seem to be getting anywhere fast.

Also any assistance would be a great help.

Thanks to all in advance that take time to read/reply
Previous Topic: Help - 10g Instalation on Microsoft Windows - Vista OS
Next Topic: connection refused when attempting to contact localhost:8080
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:34:48 CDT 2024