Home » Infrastructure » Windows » oracle installation reg
oracle installation reg [message #223998] Mon, 12 March 2007 10:47 Go to next message
n_c_nathan
sir please reply,

when I try to install the oracle 8 home edition in windows xp platform i have come across the following problem

" The error is comming when the installer is analyzing dependencies of SQL* Net Client.The error is as follows:
stopsrvc.vrf(78):Type mismatch in argument '0' when calling 'contains'
stopsrvc.vrf(78): 'STRING' expected when 'LIST' found."

pl. mail the solution to this

thanking you,

n_c_nathan@yahoo.co.in
Re: oracle installation reg [message #224034 is a reply to message #223998] Mon, 12 March 2007 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
So this error seems to be in oracle net configuration set up..I would let the error remain and proceed with the installation and then configure oracle networking later..this is just by copying the tnsnames.ora in <oracle-home>/network/admin directory...so try going ahead wiht the installation with this error and post what is the last message you get? - Does it say installation successuly with some components failed or something similar? if so then you are in good shape...
another point..not directly related to this..why are you playing with oracle 8 in the days of oracle 10g?

Nirav
Re: oracle installation reg [message #224035 is a reply to message #223998] Mon, 12 March 2007 13:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oracle 8i is NOT certified with MS Windows XP. Although people have successfully installed 8i on XP, maybe your example shows that, well, something isn't right. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't know how to help you. Perhaps you should rather download and install (free) Oracle 10g Express Edition, which certainly is certified with XP.
Previous Topic: oracle 9i (9.2) installation error on winxp o/s
Next Topic: Plz help me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:27:20 CDT 2024