Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Related Links - Jobs
Related Links - Jobs [message #216615] Mon, 29 January 2007 13:07 Go to next message
techvader01
Please let me know what privileges are necessary to view the JOBS listed in the related links under the home page of Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control.

Currently when logged on with DBA privileges, I can see it fine. When logged on with only resource, connect it doesn't show up. I want to be able to access it from a developer account without granting full dba privileges. Please advise.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 January 2007 16:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Related Links - Jobs [message #216647 is a reply to message #216615] Mon, 29 January 2007 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
What jobs are you trying to view? Is it giving you an error?
Re: Related Links - Jobs [message #216655 is a reply to message #216647] Mon, 29 January 2007 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
techvader01
I can't view any jobs, since the link is not displayed.

When I sign on with the dba account I can see the link and click on it to display the jobs, but when signing on as a developer with only resource, connect I can't even see the link to JOBS.

Enterprise Manager displays a different menu depending upon the privileges of the user that is signed on. I am interested in finding out what is the minimum set of privileges needed to see the JOBS link for a developer.

The developer in this case is interested in viewing the log file from SQL Loader through Enterprise Manager.
Re: Related Links - Jobs [message #216661 is a reply to message #216655] Mon, 29 January 2007 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Are you sure the developer doesn't have SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE privilege too?

Once logged on as the developer, does the Jobs link under the Administration tab provide the information you require?
Re: Related Links - Jobs [message #216827 is a reply to message #216661] Tue, 30 January 2007 10:53 Go to previous message
techvader01
Thank you. The Jobs tab under the Aministration tab works fine.

I was originally looking for it under the Maintenance tab. It appears under the Maintenance tab when signed on with DBA role. It doesn't appear there when signed on as a developer. This confused me as I am new to Enterprise Manager. Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: VERY NEWBIE EM Question
Next Topic: Performance Management with OEM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:58:43 CDT 2024