Home » Infrastructure » Windows » oracle service keeps "starting"
oracle service keeps "starting" [message #216031] Wed, 24 January 2007 14:21 Go to next message
oralex

Hi,
I have Oracle running on Windows 2000 Server, and the Oracle Service and Listener Service start when the machine boots, as usual. Everything was fine, but last day I couldn't get access to the DB.
After searching what was going wrong, I found a log message saying "Oracle not available". Then I took a look at the Windows services running and found that Oracle service was still in the state "Starting" while the listener was already in the state "Started". I waited,waited and waited but the Oracle service keeps "Starting" all the time.
I tried the usual thing, you know, rebooting and rebooting but nothing changes, the service keeps "Starting" all the time.
Since there is no warning messages, even in the Windows alert logs, I am completely lost.
Any clue will be really appreciated
Thanks in advance,
Alex
Re: oracle service keeps "starting" [message #216035 is a reply to message #216031] Wed, 24 January 2007 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Do you see any errors in the alert log or the oradim.log?

If no errors are listed, you may want to try and delete and readd the Windows Oracle service using ORADIM.
Re: oracle service keeps "starting" [message #216386 is a reply to message #216031] Fri, 26 January 2007 23:57 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
addition Ebrain suggestion.
when you reboot your system and after windows oracle services started then you have to startup your database with "STARTUP" command.

cmd>set oracle_sid=<sid>
cmd>sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
connected to idle instance.
cmd>startup

regards
Taj
Previous Topic: Oracle10g XE Install on WinXP Stops!
Next Topic: Problem running Workflow Builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:48:09 CDT 2024