Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Problem installing Oracle Data Access Software for Windows
Problem installing Oracle Data Access Software for Windows [message #213882] Fri, 12 January 2007 11:17 Go to next message
tessdeveloper
Hi there,

I got an error stating that 'certain files which need to be reinstalled by oracle universal installer are being used by one or more running services' when I was installing Oracle Data Access for Windows Release 9.2.0.7.0. In the error it listed over 30 services that need to be shutdown.

I was wondering did anybody have this problem before and if so, do they know which one of the services needs to be shutdown as I don't think all 30 of them need to be shutdown.

Re: Problem installing Oracle Data Access Software for Windows [message #214154 is a reply to message #213882] Mon, 15 January 2007 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Have you red all the post install instructions ?

Also
Do not install ODAC over a previous Oracle Home version (e.g. Oracle8i) if you have applications dependent on the older Oracle Home and are not certified with the newer Oracle version. For example, some versions of the Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle (MSDAORA) may not work with the newest versions of the Oracle client.
Re: Problem installing Oracle Data Access Software for Windows [message #214921 is a reply to message #214154] Thu, 18 January 2007 10:49 Go to previous message
tessdeveloper
cheers for that,

we created another Oracle_Home and it installed fine.

thanks.
Previous Topic: 3 Errors ORA during the installation
Next Topic: Error ORA-12154
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:15:04 CDT 2024