Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Returning a shell script error to an Grid control job
Returning a shell script error to an Grid control job [message #211240] Wed, 27 December 2006 09:13
kwalz58
We are running a 10gR2 grid control environment on AIX 5.3 managing a mix of 10gR1 on AIX and 9.2 on NT instances. I am working on a multi-task job to automate the retrieval and load of a data file from a external vendor. I have been able to get the shell scripts to be executed from the job and all is well as long as there is no failure inside the script. My problem is that for this job if any one step fails all are supposed to fail. The job system apparently is interpreting the fact that the shell script just executed as a success even when I provide a non-zero exit value on a failure within the script. This had been a problem with the previous version of grid control for us but I had thought this was supposed to have been corrected in the latest release.

I have checked through the docs and online and while I have found plenty of info on setting up and scheduling jobs I have not been able to find anything on error trapping. Ideas or pointers to something I am missing would be quite welcome.

Environment Details
Grid control host system AIX v5.3 64bit
Agent version 10.2.0.2.0
OMS version 10.2.0.1.0
Grid control repository instance 10.2.0.1.0

Previous Topic: database status -metric collection error- in Oracle RAC
Next Topic: SNMP monitoring
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:46:46 CDT 2024