Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Connection issues through RMAN
Connection issues through RMAN [message #178315] Tue, 20 June 2006 10:42
smartin
I'm trying to connect to more than one database at the same time through RMAN on windows. This is a common requirement when using RMAN, as you may want to connect to a target instance and an auxiliary instance at the same time to, for example, duplicate a database.

In theory, I can connect either through service names, or through operating system authent using the / syntax. But I have a question or issue with each method.

1) Is it possible to connect to more than one instance at the same time using operating system authent with the / syntax on both instances? The problem is that, to my knowledge, there is only one oracle_sid registry setting, and that is what controls which instance you connect to, and it only lets you connect to one at a time using this method. Am I missing something?

2) I'm not able to connect to the auxiliary database using service names, as the rman example does in the advanced backup 10gR1 guide, because the auxiliary instance is mounted but not open (there isn't a database to open yet when starting the duplication process). What can I do about this? The example does it, but I can't, receiving:

Enter user-name: sys@dupe as sysdba
Enter password:
ERROR: ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections

Previous Topic: Oracle10g + windows 2003 server problem
Next Topic: ORA-12899 / Singlebyte Charset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:48:32 CDT 2024