Home » Infrastructure » Windows » ODBC client install
ODBC client install [message #171809] Thu, 11 May 2006 09:59 Go to next message
florida
I am trying to load ODBC Client on my local Windows 2000 workstation.

I unzipped the ODBC Client software in my local drive (C:\Oracle) where my SQL Plus is located. I then set the env path. I then kicked off the install script it excuted in one second. I assume that is not normal?

I then tried to create an ODBC connection using the Windows ODBC Interface and saw a selection option of Oracle in instantclient10_2. I then selected that and it gave me the message:
Set up routines for Oracle in instantClient10.2 could not be loaded due to System error code 126

I have previously installed Instant Client and connected to the Oracle 9i database (using sql plus) with no problems.

Please advise.

Re: ODBC client install [message #175803 is a reply to message #171809] Mon, 05 June 2006 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fi215787
I had the same problem, only the installation was made on a Windows 2003 server!
Does anyone help?
Ed
Re: ODBC client install [message #182037 is a reply to message #175803] Wed, 12 July 2006 12:12 Go to previous message
irshad
Yes! help is here, though belated. You may have found solution already. Still, for visitors in coming days, here is how to install "instant client" instantly(!) on Windows, (I installed it on Win-XP).

1. Read this link http://itcobe.web.cern.ch/itcobe/Projects/Framework/Download/Components/Configuration/GettingStarted/InstantClientWindows.html. (It gives steps to follow for installing instant client)

2. Search Web to find and download mfc71.dll and msvcr71.dll files. Keep these dll files in the same directory where instant client is installed.

This completes the installation. You may have to reboot the system. The two missing dll files were the the reason of '126' message. I came to know of this by searching the Web.

It is incredible that "intant client" was not installed by Oracle people on a fresh Windows machine. The problem we faced would have thus become known to them, enabling them to re-package the instant client.

(Irshad)
Previous Topic: Install Developer 6i on Windows XP Professional
Next Topic: report ORA-12514 once restart Oracle 10.2 database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:18:47 CDT 2024