Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » connot login into oracle managememt server
icon9.gif  connot login into oracle managememt server [message #161097] Thu, 02 March 2006 00:25 Go to next message
gokul_ifs
Hi! Razz

While connecting to oracle 9i Enterprise manager console, I donot have any problem to connect to the stand alone mode, but when i try to connect to the Oracle management server, login fails by displaying an error.

Error message is:

"Enter correct username and password. And check weather the management server you are trying to login is started."

I am sure that I am entering a correct username and password.
And I have entered the management server as "localhost" or my "computer name".

As i want to export tables, which i cannot do that without connecting to Oracle management server(OMS), so please send me some methods to deal with this problem.

Thank you!!!
Re: connot login into oracle managememt server [message #168697 is a reply to message #161097] Fri, 21 April 2006 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chkd
did you start OMS?

oemctl start oms from command line.
and try again.
Re: connot login into oracle managememt server [message #179828 is a reply to message #161097] Wed, 28 June 2006 23:31 Go to previous message
reshma_prabhu
Also If try to start OMS using OEMCTL command I am getting following reply...

E:\oracle\ora92\bin>OEMCTL START OMS
The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

Can you please tell me the reason for this? Do I need to install anything else?

Reshma
Previous Topic: OC4J CONFIGURATION ERROR
Next Topic: ORA - 12514 TNS: could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:03:52 CDT 2024