Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Windows XP, Oracle 10.2 oem see Solaris server via agent  () 1 Vote
icon6.gif  Windows XP, Oracle 10.2 oem see Solaris server via agent [message #146298] Wed, 09 November 2005 15:50 Go to next message
nmacdannald
How/if I can run oem db_console on my XP and see/manage our Oracle instance on a Solaris server.

I have a large Oracle 10.2 instance running on a Big Solaris box(8 processors, 32 gigs RAM, 64 bit Oracle, 64 bit Solaris 9). I wanted to install Oracle on my dual Opteron XP in my office to keep the repository and run db_console from XP to manage/see an instance running on a Solaris.

1) Do I need to start some sort of agent on the Solaris?
2) How would I tell the Solaris agent to populate the repository on my XP?
3) Would it require my XP repository to be up whenever the Solaris instance is up?
4) How do I put an agent on the Solaris and start it?
5) How would I find the agent software for Solaris?

Thanks for any response!
Neil, IT Manager.
San Joaquin Delta Community College.
Re: Windows XP, Oracle 10.2 oem see Solaris server via agent [message #147434 is a reply to message #146298] Thu, 17 November 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinistral
http://[servername]:1158/em/

make sure the database is up, the listener is up, and run dbconsole on the solaris so you can access it at the above URL from any machine with access to that server. Also make sure that port 1158 is usable.

SLN
Re: Windows XP, Oracle 10.2 oem see Solaris server via agent [message #150405 is a reply to message #147434] Wed, 07 December 2005 14:37 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
How does one tell if port 1158 is usable? Is there a Solaris utility or program?

We use sunscreen and multiple firewalls but our SA insists he is not blocking Oracle's Enterprise Manager.

Our SA is taking December off. Must be nice to be able to do that. I have root privileges and am familiar with Solaris.
Any hints would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Neil.
Previous Topic: Can't start oracle management server
Next Topic: Maxium Sessions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:33:04 CDT 2024