Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Not able to start enterprise manager for orcl<-- database
Not able to start enterprise manager for orcl<-- database [message #145527] Thu, 03 November 2005 12:47 Go to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

I have two oracle 10g database
[1]orcl <--- (first instance created)
[2]sunilhcl <--- (second instance)

now i want to start enterprise manager to manage orcl.

For one database
when i write this link
http://10.103.93.86:5501/em
in address bar of web page enterprise manger is started.and it also show me the name of database which it is connected (i.e sunilhcl in my case)
But i want to start enterprise manger for orcl which link i should write in address bar of web page

Note:- My all services for both the database is started.

Thank you

Regards
Always Friend sunilkumar.
Re: Not able to start enterprise manager for orcl<-- database [message #145883 is a reply to message #145527] Mon, 07 November 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vjeedigunta

Sunil,
It will pick the default ORACLE_SID / ORACLE_HOME which is there in memory .. did you try after changing those to ORCL ?

-Sai Jeedigunta
Re: Not able to start enterprise manager for orcl<-- database [message #145900 is a reply to message #145883] Mon, 07 November 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,,

I have already set my oracle_sid but still result is same i m not able to connect to my orcl database so ... what to do nex?

Set ORACLE_SID=ORCL

when i m checking my database name at SQL prompt it also show me orcl
SQL>select instance_name from v$instance;

INSTANCE)_NAME
--------------

orcl

but when i try to start my enterprise manager from below mention link it is not working.

http://10.103.93.86:5501/em

Note my ip address is correct. ... Smile

As i m working on windows XP platform my service in control pannel named OracleDBConsoleorcl is also started (note this sercvice should be started to work with web based enterprise manager)

Waiting for help ....

Friendly
Sunilkumar
Re: Not able to start enterprise manager for orcl<-- database [message #146087 is a reply to message #145900] Tue, 08 November 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vjeedigunta

heyy ..since u r in XP ..why dont u go to regedit and change the ORACLE_HOME0 to orcl home in the registry and see if it works ..

-Sai Jeedigunta
Re: Not able to start enterprise manager for orcl<-- database [message #146658 is a reply to message #146087] Fri, 11 November 2005 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Embarassed still facing the same problem...

but i m able to connect with both the database through SQLPLUS

Sai Jeedigunta thanks for your reply

regards
Always Friend Sunilkumar
Re: Not able to start enterprise manager for orcl<-- database [message #159308 is a reply to message #145527] Fri, 17 February 2006 04:53 Go to previous message
alexzeng
I had met the same problem. After I reset the configuration file listener.ora by dbca, it's all right then. Below is my listener.ora, FYI

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/network/admin/listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = orcl)
(ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/10.2.0)
(SID_NAME = orcl)
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db31)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
Previous Topic: oms
Next Topic: Port
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:49:40 CDT 2024