Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Old java OEM for 10g
icon5.gif  Old java OEM for 10g [message #139172] Mon, 26 September 2005 13:26
Prayer
I apparently had installed and shutoff the old java based OEM in 10g several months ago. Now trying to practice for 9i upgrade exam I finally got the http://localhost:5501/em to work correctly. BUT it is not the one I used when I first installed the 10 last year for early study.

I think it should still be installed, I just cant find any traces of what I do to start it up. I checked MSservices and msconfig. Not a clue in either. Maybe I just type "java" and some pass jar file to get it going?

For the web based OEM it took two days googling everywhere and finding lots of people with same symptoms of "connections refused". After fixing that one then I couldn't login to do a reset. That was cured by using a windows login with scripting rights and its password along with sys/passwd (as sysdba). Then it wouldn't link up right and that was because the service name was NOT set to the database name, yes two items in emca got the same response. Then after rebuilding DBConsole it all began to work.

It is real nice but doesn't parallel 9i all that much. So I want to go back to the java based one for the duration of the training.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: how to dump data in file depending on date
Next Topic: farsi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:29:12 CDT 2024