Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OCP2005
icon5.gif  OCP2005 [message #119704] Fri, 13 May 2005 18:22 Go to next message
myoraclejob

1) Which two statements about the customized backup strategy are true? (Choose two.)

A. This strategy makes an exact byte-for-byte copy of all the datafiles.
B. This strategy ensures that the backup sets are automatically managed.
C. This strategy backs up all blocks that contain the data for all the datafiles.
D. This strategy requires users to log off until the backup operation is complete.
E. This strategy requires you to delete the backup sets after they have been backed up to tape.

Wrong Ans: B & C
Re: OCP2005 [message #119717 is a reply to message #119704] Sat, 14 May 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
I would argue that B and C are the correct answers:

A is not true as RMAN does not backup empty blocks.

B is true. Backup sets will automatically be managed by RMAN based on the retention policy of the target database.

C is true. RMAN will backup all blocks that contain data for all the (selected) datafiles.

D is false. The customized backup strategy can be used for taking on-line and off-line backups. The user must choose between these two options.

E is false. If the target DB is 9i or above, and the retention policy has been set, you can choose to have obsolete backups and copies deleted after the backup.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: OCP2005 [message #120238 is a reply to message #119717] Wed, 18 May 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myoraclejob

Thanks Frank. But when I answered this questions saying B & C are correct choices, Oracle test is saying these are wrong answers. I don't know why? This questions was asked in Oracle 10g exam and when I got the report, it is saying this answers are not correct. What do you think?
Re: OCP2005 [message #120280 is a reply to message #120238] Wed, 18 May 2005 13:49 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi,

The exam report doesn't tell you exactly what questions you had wrong. Are you sure you've missed this question, and not one of the others?

Anyway, this looks like a trick question. I won't be too surprised if is not scored.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: SYSMAN.MGMT_TARGET Errors
Next Topic: How to change default login
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:56:54 CDT 2024