Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » ...OEM configuration problm error............@!!!
...OEM configuration problm error............@!!! [message #115349] Sun, 10 April 2005 05:28 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi to all of you i have read the documentation where the steps are there. how to configure oracle Mangement server.. and i followed each and everystep...

It does show me that the repository has beencreated and all tasks has been performed...

Now Now. well wellwell.

VTK-1000 : it's the code of the error that i receive. It cannot
resolve the host

This is the error i recieve when i login to OEM through the management server..

what the hell is the problm i dont understand... it ..

any body with some good answer plz..

Thnx in advance and best regards to all...
Re: ...OEM configuration problm error............@!!! [message #115355 is a reply to message #115349] Sun, 10 April 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Can you ping the management server's IP address and DNS name? Is your management server running? Any errors in the OMS log file?

VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the Oracle Management Server. Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server.

Cause: The connection to the Oracle Management Server described above failed.

Action: Verify that you have entered the correct host name, and verify the status of the Oracle Management Server.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: ...OEM configuration problm error............@!!! [message #115356 is a reply to message #115349] Sun, 10 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orcl_dba
How to check the status of oracle management server and secondly the database and managment server both are on the same machine ... and i m using OEM from that same machine also..

i want to make sure it works on single machine then i will take it over to the network..

I think management server status prblm can occur..

can u tel me how to chek the status of that ..

best regards to all of you
Re: ...OEM configuration problm error............@!!! [message #115359 is a reply to message #115356] Sun, 10 April 2005 13:39 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Check the status from the command line:
oemctl status oms sysman/oem_temp

If I remember correctly, the OMS log file is $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/log/OMS.nohup

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: .....OemProblem .. any one knows or Nobody... worked on it ..
Next Topic: Problem with OC4J instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:12:35 CDT 2024