Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Self Check for Job Execution in OEM.
Self Check for Job Execution in OEM. [message #68862] Wed, 08 December 2004 21:23 Go to next message
Vidyanand More
Hi All,

OEM Oracle 9i ver.

I need to run a Job or Task every day let us consider at 9.00 p.m. daily. Before running the Job I need to know to whether previous run of the same Job is Success or Fail.

In case previous Job Status is 'Fail', It should not execute the schedule Job.

Can I perform this kind of Self Check in OEM?

I know this can be easily handle by Process Flow.

Can someone please share the experience?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vidyanand
Re: Self Check for Job Execution in OEM. [message #68867 is a reply to message #68862] Tue, 21 December 2004 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

One can set dependencies between tasks in a job, but EM doesn't provide an automated way to enforce dependencies between jobs. However, you can simulate this behaviour by adding a task as first step in your job to check if the previous job executed successfully or not.

BTW: I've heard that the DBMS_SCHEDULER package in 10g Release 2 will have this functionality.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Self Check for Job Execution in OEM. [message #68869 is a reply to message #68867] Tue, 21 December 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vidyanand More
Hi Frank,
Thanks a lot for your reply & input for Dbms_Scheduler.
As suggested by you, we developed mechanism (PL-SQL API's) which update status of the job success or failure.
However we need to this across 2 databases i.e.
Process Flow PF1 for Database Db1 & Process Flow PF2 for Database DB2.
We need to run PF2 only and only success of PF1.
I am glad to know that this type of functionality will be available in Oracle 10g Release2.
Regards,
Vidyanand
Re: Self Check for Job Execution in OEM. [message #68924 is a reply to message #68862] Mon, 07 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous message
Terry
Perhaps the simple way to handle this is to write the job status to a table after each job execution. So before you run the same job next time, check the status in this table first. As for other database servers/instance, they can query the status in this table through database link. Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: OEM : Error
Next Topic: Estimate size of SYSTEM, TEMP, USERS, UNDO tablespace, control file, redo log fi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:53:37 CDT 2024