Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oracle Enterprise Manager, not given access due to security…
Oracle Enterprise Manager, not given access due to security… [message #68826] Wed, 27 October 2004 06:19
Syed F Hashim
Hi guys,

In my company we are owners of the database but we can’t touch the database (PRODUCTION), where as there is another group who are responsible for day to day database issues & performance. They don’t do any thing too, where as they just inform us that this is happening, this query is executed so many times, there is a bottle neck, this query is taking so much of CPU time and then we have to give them the remedy of that problem, they just execute it.

When I asked them to give the OEM access they said that it is the violation of some security, when I asked them what security then they told our managers (non technical) that some audit tables will be visible that we don’t want…, I can’t say what they are talking about & what’ll be visible to us that is breach of security.

Now how I should convince my managers to get OEM access for us, where as you won’t believe that those DBAs doesn’t even aware of a lot of core technologies, like stored outlines, parallel processing, streams and a lot more.

I need you people help to how to get the OEM access for our group DBAs, by convincing our managers, with strong evidence and proof?

Regards.
Previous Topic: Thread/block error when opening Oracle 9i database
Next Topic: pb transferring samples with capacity planner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:54:38 CDT 2024