Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Login failed
Login failed [message #68702] Tue, 13 July 2004 21:05 Go to next message
Gayatri
Hi,

After Using the DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant) in Oracle 9i  for the first time to create a database, at the end of creation it gave an error of "Out of Disks space" and then i had to either 'ingnore' or 'abort' the program. But the problem I am facing now is that I am unable to log in the Oracle form SQL Plus it says "Shared memory realem does exits".

Please advice how I can log in now.

Regards

Gayatri

Re: Login failed [message #68703 is a reply to message #68702] Tue, 13 July 2004 21:50 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

If u r getting "Out of Disks space" error while creating the DB it means ur DB can't be created bcz of low disk space.

Very first try to increase the disk space where u r placing the DB files. After having enough space run DBCA and choose "Delete Database" and delete the previously created DB(if any) for which u r getting the error, and then start creating a fresh DB. At the end DBCA will prompt u for the passwords of SYS & SYSTEM users.

If every thing goes fine and after that while connecting u get "Shared memory realm does not exist" error it means ur DB is not up. Login as SYS user as sysdba and issue STARTUP command at sqlplus. It will start ur DB and after that u will be able to access the DB.

Best of Luck
Daljit Singh
Previous Topic: oracle
Next Topic: Inpute date from Enterprise Manager Console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:53:46 CDT 2024