Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OMS startup problems - thrashing.
OMS startup problems - thrashing. [message #68507] Thu, 08 January 2004 11:32 Go to next message
R. Nichols
We cannot seem to get Management Server running, in spite of numerous re-installs, reconfigs, recreating the OEMREP database, etc. The error message is attached below this message.

System info:

Windows NT 4 Svc Pack 6a
Oracle 9.2.0.3 (patched 9.2.0.1)

Because of the amount of reconfiguring, it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't some setting stuck somewhere in the registry or a config file, but we haven't found it.

Using the ecma utility, we are able to create a repository in a separate OEMREP database seemingly with no problems. But Management Server won't start, or sometimes it looks as if it started but stops after attempting login.

Any ideas or troubleshooting procedures would be greatly appreciated.

-R. Nichols

-------------- Last error messages from oms.nohup -----
The OMS is now started and ready.
VXA: Doing a shutdown and restart
Restarting the Oracle management Server....
OEMCTL for Windows NT: Version 9.2.0.1.0 Production
Copyright (c) 1998, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Starting the Oracle Management Server...VXA-3008 : Starting OMS Services, Wait.

The OMS is now started and ready.
VXA: Doing a shutdown and restart
"Management server thrashing. Exiting oemctrl.bat"
Re: OMS startup problems - thrashing. [message #68620 is a reply to message #68507] Mon, 26 April 2004 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peel
Did you ever get this one figured out? If so please let me know, I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy.

Thanks
Re: OMS startup problems - thrashing. [message #68789 is a reply to message #68620] Mon, 20 September 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Schulberg
Another poor soul in the same boat. Anybody able to rescue us? We are using Windows 2000 Server service pack 4 and Oracle 9.2.0.1.0
Re: OMS startup problems - thrashing. [message #68872 is a reply to message #68789] Thu, 23 December 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kyle wagner
I am having this problem as well (9.2.0.1 enterprise), and have not had it previously. Things worked fine under windows XP SP1, but after we upgraded to SP2 this problem arose. There might have been other things that caused it to appear, however.

I don't have a solution yet, but I know that one thing you can look for is network configuration problems. Port 1521 has to be accessible (even if you have all components on the same machine), can't be blocked by a router, firewall, etc. And the net config stuff needs to be correct, though those settings are very tricky, especially if you have a dynamic IP.

A final thing I've heard is that the OEMREP or OMS's password can be corrupted or changed, but it would seem that if you destroyed and recreated OEMREP, then you wouldn't have the problem. And you still have the problem, just like we do :(

I hope something above helps you folks...
Re: OMS startup problems - thrashing. [message #68932 is a reply to message #68507] Thu, 10 February 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krum
1. Oracle Management Server ORACLE_HOMEsysmanconfigomsconfig.properties

If you have more than one NIC add row:

OEM.MULTI_NIC.ENABLED=false

Change localhost word in the next row to your server name in Windows or your NIC name in Unix:

oem.BootHost=localhost

2. C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetchosts

Add row with your server IP and name

127.0.0.1 localhost

172.16.3.100 ixtlawatl

3. Do not use DHCP
Re: OMS startup problems - thrashing. [message #113366 is a reply to message #68507] Fri, 01 April 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chance909
Yay!!! It finally works

I followed Krum's instructions, and that allowed me to finally start the OMS service without any errors.

Then using sysman/oem_temp got me to log on to the OMS Thanks a bunch! really anyone with XP and 9i needs this info.

Thanks!!

Kevin
Re: OMS startup problems - thrashing. [message #233339 is a reply to message #113366] Wed, 25 April 2007 14:10 Go to previous message
Latesha Williams
I had the same problem today on a Linux machine running Oracle 9.2.0.4. The instructions worked for me as well.

(1) Add the following property to file:
$ORACLE_HOME/sysman/config/omsconfig.properties

MULTI_NIC.ENABLED=false

(2) Change the BootHost property from "localhost" to the host name of the network card you want OMS to listen on.

(3) Start OMS.
Previous Topic: Error when check Diskgroup in OEM
Next Topic: New db instances on OMS-registered host are not discovered as targets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:19:45 CDT 2024