Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » vtk-1000
vtk-1000 [message #68412] Mon, 04 August 2003 14:09 Go to next message
Upperm
Hello All,
I'm an oracle newbee.
I've a problem and then I'ill be thankful if you help me to resolve it:

I have a PC :"Win2k Pro". Oracle 9i Server "Entreprise Edition". I've created a database named KADBASE.

I can launch ISQLPLUS and make queries with no pb.
But when I try to launch OEM "Oracle Entreprise Manager", I receive the following error message:

{{
VTK-1000:impossible de se connecter au serveur Management Server moubariki. Verifier que vous avez entré le nom et le statut d'hôte corrects pour le serveur oracle Management Server.
}}

which means that it's impossible to connect to server management moubariki. Verify you entered correct name and host status for the Server management.

When I launch LSNRCTL STATUS, LSNRCTL START: it's ok.

My Question is:
What should I do to resolve the probleme. Thanks for any help.
Re: vtk-1000 [message #68414 is a reply to message #68412] Tue, 05 August 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ctg
did you create a repositry? in order for the oracle management server (OMS) to run you have to have a repository.

C: oemctl status oms -- will give you status of your management server
C: oemctl status start -- to start the process

Because you are using 9i, you should be able to launch enterprise manager in stand alone mode.
Re: vtk-1000 [message #68415 is a reply to message #68414] Wed, 06 August 2003 05:36 Go to previous message
Upperm
Yes, I have a repository.
When i launch :
c:oemctl status oms => ok.
c:oemctl status start => ok .

But I don't see the option STAND ALONE MODE in the first dialog box of the OEM (oracle Entreprise Manager) when I launch it. It just give me the name of my Oracle Server. that's all.
Previous Topic: RMAN-ora-Error During BACKUP
Next Topic: Management Server/Repository Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:34:49 CDT 2024