Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OMS nodes and databases
OMS nodes and databases [message #68403] Wed, 23 July 2003 11:25 Go to next message
Tony
Hi,
I need to clarify few things on how we can add nodes and databases for OEM. I currently have a OMS server setup on a database server A on Solaris 8 (which has about 5 8.1.7 databases). I'm able to manage all my databases through OEM (remotely through a windows 2000 professional system).
Now I have 2 more servers B & C on Solaris 8 which has about 20 databases running on each of them. I need to add them to my OEM console too. I understand the the intelligent agent that runs on the node where the 0MS is, is automatically able to create database entries by looking at the ORATAB file on that server.
so If I have to add all the databases from the other servers B & C, do I have to install OMS on both the database servers? That doesn't make sense, because OEM asks only for one OMS to connect to. So how do I combile all the database on 3 different servers to appear on my OEM console?

Thanks
Paul
Re: OMS nodes and databases [message #68405 is a reply to message #68403] Thu, 24 July 2003 07:40 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you know the solution.

just install intelligent agent in solaris servers.
create tns entries in the OMS machine to connect to solaris machines.
detect the nodes.
detect the databases.
Previous Topic: Updation of Oracle database to another system??
Next Topic: Regarding OMS Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:57:52 CDT 2024