Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Help! Services.ora picks up only webserver and no databases
Help! Services.ora picks up only webserver and no databases [message #68391] Mon, 14 July 2003 15:12 Go to next message
Tony
Hi,
I am running oms on a node and also running intelligent agent on it. I have about 4 databases on it. It has a listener also running on the node. All 8.1.7 version. When I try to connect to the node using OEM (Enterprise manager console) I can see only the webserver under the node. No databases at all. Then I checked the services.ora file on the node and found out that there are no database reference in it. The only thing in it is the webserver reference.
I stopped and started oms, intelligent agent several times, nothing works. Even i deleted the services.ora file and when the intelligent agent recreated it, it has the same entries. No entries for databases. Why is this happening? How do I make the intelligent agent to automatically add all the databases to the services.ora?
I tried adding one database manually , it bombed on me. It won't even refresh the node. It came out with some gateway error.
I checked all permission on the file and it all looks ok -rw-rw----. I have all the database entries in the listener and oratab, and tnsnames.ora too (on the node itself).
Any help will be great.
Thanks
Re: Help! Services.ora picks up only webserver and no databases [message #68393 is a reply to message #68391] Tue, 15 July 2003 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
first discover the nodes.
then discover the databases.
if it fails,
disover them manually
Re: Help! Services.ora picks up only webserver and no databases [message #68399 is a reply to message #68393] Fri, 18 July 2003 18:09 Go to previous message
Alla
You need to enter each database listener.ora in ORACLE_HOME from where intelligent agent is running (your case 817).
That needs to be done through GLOBAL_DBNAME parameter so listener.ora entry will look something like this:

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = YOUR_DATABASE_NAME)
(ORACLE_HOME = /local/oracle/8.1.7)
(SID_NAME = YOUR_SID)
)
)
When services.ora is created, agent looks for GLOBAL_DBNAME in listener.ora first. If entry is there, search is over thus you can make sure every database is discovered with correct name.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Database Mounting
Next Topic: Diff. between undo & rollback segments??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:57:25 CDT 2024