Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » How to start the Agent on Server with OMS
How to start the Agent on Server with OMS [message #68379] Tue, 08 July 2003 14:52 Go to next message
sheela
Hi,
I just installed a OMS repository on a Solaris 8 system with Oracle 8.1.7 on it and also started it "oemctrl start oms". Everything ran fine. I can also started the Enterprise Manager Console and login in as the super administrator. However I'm unable to discover nodes. Its not automatically discovered. I understand that it needs an agent to be running for the nodes to be discovered. How do I know if the Agent is running? If not running, how do I Install/Start the Agent? Is the Agent installed by default? Also how do I find out if the Intelligent Agent is running? If not how to install/start it?

Thanks
Tony
Re: How to start the Agent on Server with OMS [message #68380 is a reply to message #68379] Tue, 08 July 2003 15:08 Go to previous message
Tony
Ok. I figured that one out. lsnrctl dbsnmp_start. Is that the Intelligent Agent? If it is so Intelligent, why doesn't it start by itsef ? :-) Jk :-)
Previous Topic: Regarding DROP TABLE...
Next Topic: URGENT!!Need to change the path for snmp_ro.ora
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:02:04 CDT 2024