Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » credential retrieval failure while loading Oracle
credential retrieval failure while loading Oracle [message #68370] Fri, 27 June 2003 15:26 Go to next message
seknath
Hi all,
I got a problem i.e. while installing oracle 8.1.7 enterprise edition on windows 2000 advanced server, after 90 percent installation while initialising the database it gives the error "ORA - 12638 credential retrieval failure" and gives 2 options Ignore and abort. I opted for ignore but it doesn't proceed further with the creation of the database. I checked on the error number to get to the exact problem but it says turn the trace on to know the exact problem.
I've deleted all the databases previously installed on the machine and no database is available on it.

Help me how to proceed further.

I appreciate ur valuable suggestions in advance.

Thanx

Nath.
Re: credential retrieval failure while loading Oracle [message #68371 is a reply to message #68370] Sun, 29 June 2003 04:20 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
make sure the NT box is in a valid domain.
If this a stand alone server ( not in a network),
make sure NTS is properly installed.
are u using os authentation ?
but before doing all these,
check this out first.
when is this error occuring?
u sure it is occuring after creating the database and when trying to intitialize it?
then
Comment out the Sqlnet.Authentication_services = (NTS) in the sqlnet.ora and proceed.

Previous Topic: Help from OCP's
Next Topic: Clarify my doubts!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:31:34 CDT 2024