Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » "Using preferred credentials,the following error occured:ORA-01031 insufficient privileges"
"Using preferred credentials,the following error occured:ORA-01031 insufficient privileges" [message #68331] Thu, 17 April 2003 01:57 Go to next message
sabir
Hi Frns !!
I am facing a problem while scheduling a job using enterprise manager.I am running oracle enterprise edition 8.1.6 on Win NT 4.0 with O E M 2.1.0.
I am scheduling a job to backup my database(inc. level 1).It pops up a msg window with msg "Using preferred credentials,the following error occured:ORA-01031 insufficient privileges"
Here are some details about the setup i am running :
-E M administrator account i m using has 2 privileges 'access to job system' & 'access to event system'.So as you can make out, i am not using a super administrator account.
-I am using preferred credentials.
-Database service user has sysdba privileges and can perform analyze table jobs(i tried that)
-NT Node has a local user and having 'logon as a batch job' system privileges.This user does not belong to ORA_DBA group and is not the one which created the database.
-Participating nodes are up and running with intelligent agents.

Anyone of you please share your knowledge and guide me further on the subject.

thanks in advance

sabir
Re: "Using preferred credentials,the following error occured:ORA-01031 insufficient privileges" [message #68332 is a reply to message #68331] Thu, 17 April 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Database service user has sysdba privileges and can perform analyze table jobs(i tried that)
Ok.
grant the sysdba privs to the user again ( logged in as sys) and give a try.
Re: "Using preferred credentials,the following error occured:ORA-01031 insufficient privileges" [message #68333 is a reply to message #68331] Thu, 17 April 2003 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sabir
MR MAHESH!!
THANX FOR UR SUGGESTION.I TRIED THAT BUT ITS NOT WORKING AS REQUIREED.STILL WHEN I AM TRYING TO SCHEDULE SOME JOBS FOR BACKUP OR EXPORT.ITS GIVING ME THE SAME ERROR"Using preferred credentials,the following error occured:ORA-01031 insufficient privileges".I HAVE CONFIGURED USER 'ABC' WITH SYSDBA PRIVILEGES IN PREFERRED CREDENTIALS(USER FOR DATABASE SERVICE).
ALSO WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE A BACKUP CONFIGURATION,UPON CLICKING THE SAME IT PROMPTS A MSG WINDOW "THE FOLLOWING ERROR HAS OCCURED WHILE TRYING TO MAKE THE CONNECTION TO THE TARGET DATABASE USING PREFERRED CREDENTIALS : ora-01031 : INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES".
SCENARIO 2:- JUST TO PERFORM SOME R & D,FOR THE SAME USER NOW I HAVE CHANGED THE ROLE TO 'SYSOPER'(EARLIER IT WAS 'SYSDBA').NOW WHEN I AM TRYING TO CREATE A BACKUP CONFIGURATION IT GIVES ME SOME GUI'S TO PUT VARIOUS PARAMETERS(RCAT USERS,CHANNEL INFO' ETC).I HAVE OVERRIDEN PREFERRED CREDENTIALS HERE AND AGAIN GIVEN 'SYSDBA' PRIVILEGES TO SAME USER 'ABC'.AT THE END IT GIVES AN ERROR MESSAGE "ERROR VALIDATING PREFERRED CREDENTIALS ORA-01031 : INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES"
PLEASE GUIDE ME FURTHER ON THE TOPIC

THANX
SABIR
Re: "Using preferred credentials,the following error occured:ORA-01031 insufficient privileges" [message #68334 is a reply to message #68333] Thu, 17 April 2003 06:04 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Typically there should be a VNI-2015 error accompanied.
Are u getting it?
check the logfile OMS.log and OMS.nohup
and Make sure u log in as ADMINISTRATOR in the OS

Previous Topic: db locking
Next Topic: problem with oracle AS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:03:45 CDT 2024