Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » help to find Instance Manager
help to find Instance Manager [message #68324] Sun, 13 April 2003 12:20 Go to next message
shamim
Hello,
i am a novish in Oracle....I am trying to create a database. I am trying to start the instance by using Instance Manager. Still i am using oracle 8.1.7.in OEM i have not found the Instance Manager. Would any body kindly inform me ..How can found it or..it is not available in this version.
Re: help to find Instance Manager [message #68326 is a reply to message #68324] Tue, 15 April 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sabir
Hi shamim!!
If u r creating the database using universal installer utility,at the end of process of database creation an instance will be automatically up and running.
Plz check it ,also tell me what version/platform u r using

sabir
Re: help to find Instance Manager [message #68327 is a reply to message #68324] Tue, 15 April 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shamim
Hello shabir ,
thank's a lot for reply. I am trying to ceate data base custom, by not using database configuration instance. At first i create a instance ..it's runing. I am using Oracle 8.1.7 on windows 2000server. Now i want to create the Tablespace for that, document which i download from OTN tell that i have to start the instance but NOMOUNT. It can be by suing SVRMGR or by using Instance Manager from OEM.
I havn't found the instance manager on OEM. I want to know instance manager are availabe on version 8.1.7 or not?
thanks
Re: help to find Instance Manager [message #68329 is a reply to message #68327] Tue, 15 April 2003 06:20 Go to previous message
sabir
Hi Shamim!!
Yea,instance manager is available there in OEM console or you can also invoke that on command prompt also by giving this command "oemapp instancemanager".
OEM is very much available on oracle 8.1.7,just try the various links available on console

try it

sabir
Previous Topic: Error "VNI : 2015 Authentication error"
Next Topic: db locking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:19:54 CDT 2024