Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM Console HELP!!
OEM Console HELP!! [message #68254] Thu, 20 February 2003 18:16 Go to next message
talel
Hi, I have installed oracle 8i on my personal computer to learn about it. Everytime I turn off my computer, and then back on, I can not log in to the OEM console. Does the password expire everytime I shut down the machine?? I have to drop the repository, and create a new one again to be able to enter the OEM.. is this normal? how can i stop this from happening? please help!.

thanx
Re: OEM Console HELP!! [message #68255 is a reply to message #68254] Thu, 20 February 2003 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive,
u will be asked to change the sysman password (default is oem_temp) when enter OEM console for the first time.
and u mean, the changed password is expiring every time?
Re: OEM Console HELP!! UPDATE [message #68256 is a reply to message #68254] Thu, 20 February 2003 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talel
hi,

yeah..the changed password was always failing.. i got the VTEK 1000 problem...but I read another post and I got help. I started the OEM with a command in DOS (oemctrl start oms) and I was able to log in. Ok now the question is, do I have to type that command everytime I start my computer again..or is there away I can automate that to start by itself? Thank you
Re: OEM Console HELP!! UPDATE [message #68259 is a reply to message #68254] Fri, 21 February 2003 07:44 Go to previous message
talel
Hi, thank you for replying! What I did is that I (on windows) went to the services section, and set the Management server on Automatic. It used to be in manual, so I always had to go there and start it so OMS could work and validate my password. Did I do the right thing? Thanks again.
Previous Topic: error about object and partition
Next Topic: other..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:08:06 CDT 2024