Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » VNI-2002
VNI-2002 [message #68069] Tue, 15 October 2002 14:25 Go to next message
Drikus Roux
Hi

Oracle 8.1.7
OEM: 2.2.0.0

I'm having trouble in running jobs (import/ export) and receive the VNI-2002 Gateway error. In my travels I have ascertained that I need to create an NT user that is able to log on as batch job, with the appropriate DB roles and NT permissions on the $ORACLE_HOME/network and Temp folders.

I have verified that Intelligent agent is running, plus that the Node is properly discovered. The preferred credentials have been set to the Node user, ie. the NT user.

The Agent doesn't seem able to access the job.q etc, as described in the VNI-2002 documentation, my feeble question is why?

There seems to be very lite information available relating to common pitfalls around this issue, which I'm sure I'm in - a common pitfall!

Anyone with an actual solution?

Much appreciated.
Re: VNI-2002 [message #68070 is a reply to message #68069] Wed, 16 October 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
hi,
are u getting any 'file operation error'?
Check the permissions of the ORACLE_HOME/network/agent
where the managed node is. Verify that the preferred
credentials on the console side has write access to 
the $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent directory. 
Check that you have sufficient disk space at the 
Managed node where the Intelligent Agent is installed.
and for further diagnosis,
pls look into oms.log and post the exact specific error messages  

Re: VNI-2002 [message #68072 is a reply to message #68069] Wed, 16 October 2002 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drikus Roux
Hi,

I verified ORACLE_HOME/network/agent for Node user permissions, seem ok RWX for user: oraJob, created as per Oracle Books instructions for running jobs in NT.

Disk space is ok. Looked at Windows log, and all logs I could find in the Oracle directory. In fact I have gone as far as giving EVERYBODY full access on all Oracle folders (dev machine), but to no avail. I have inspected the files in $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent, viz. job.q, user.q etc. These don't seem to have been accessed by the job - being a file operation issue, resulting in the VNI-2002 Gateway error.

Filemon didn't report any file read failures, so I'm at a loss determining where this error lies.
Re: VNI-2002 [message #68076 is a reply to message #68069] Thu, 17 October 2002 07:49 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
and do u have the latest service packs installed in all concerned nodes?
Previous Topic: Agent-Problem Linux
Next Topic: Re: VNI-2002
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:25:29 CDT 2024