Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR
VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR [message #67999] Thu, 05 September 2002 10:30 Go to next message
Mike
OK,
I know there are a million posts about this problem but I still cant get my jobs working properly. Here is my situation. I have oracle 8i running on a Windows 2000 server. I have enterprise manager up and running, everything is working properly. When I run a job, I always get this error: vni - 2015 : authentication error. I read all the posts:
1) I created a user on windows 2000 with the same name and password as my user on oracle. However, I do not have the option of adding policys. I can make the user a system administrator, but cannot add the privlidge "Logon as batch job" because I dont have the option available. Where am I supposed to add this. Furthermore, at home I have the same problem, except I am running windows 2000 proffessional, not server.... How am I supposed to add this privlidge?

Thanks for all your help,

Mike
Re: VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR [message #68002 is a reply to message #67999] Fri, 06 September 2002 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
with windows 2000 the procedure differe narrowly.
try this.
From the Windows 2000 desktop, perform the following steps:
1. Click on START => Programs => Administrative Tools => Local Security Policy

2. Drill-down on the Local Policies folder

3. Highlight and Select the User Rights Assignment folder

4. Look at the right side of the window and scroll down the list until "Deny 
   Logon as Batch Job" privilege is displayed. 

5. To select the privilege, either select Action from the menu bar then 
   Security or right-click on the "Deny Logon as a Batch Job" privilege then 
   Security or just double-click on the privilege.

6. The list of users who are assigned this privilege will display in the box.
   Locate and highlight the Windows 2000 user who is specified in the 
   Enterprise Manager Console's Preferred Credentials setting for that node.

7. Locate the check box to the right of the User's name entitled: Local Policy 
   Setting.  De-select the box by clicking once inside the box.  This will 
   remove the user from the assigned users list.

8. Click on OK to save the changes.

Re: VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR [message #68005 is a reply to message #67999] Fri, 06 September 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike
OK, added logon as batch job to the user, but I am still having the same problem. Here is the description.

Server Computer is on a domain, domain name: silicon
Repository db name: TESTSL4
Repository schema owner: DBASUPER

User on db TESTSL4 with admin and connect privlidges named: ECOGDBA

User on database server (windows 2000 server) with admin privlidges and "Logon as Batch" named: ECOGDBA (same password as user on database).

Enterprise Manager Logon is ECOGDBA (same password as other 2 above).

Preffered credintials for target db (happens to be repository db) is ECOGDBA.

Run a simple job, get vni -2015: Authentication error.

Checked ORACLE_HOME privlidges (rwx), not sure which TEMP directory needs rwx privlidges, ORACLE_HOME/network (rwx) are set also.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR [message #68118 is a reply to message #68002] Tue, 19 November 2002 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praveen Kumar
Can you please let me know the detailed procedure for the Export and Import using Oracle9i Enterprise Manager Console.Whenever i am trying i am getting the error VNI - 2015.I have set the policies using the Policy Setting's also.
Re: VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR [message #68119 is a reply to message #68002] Tue, 19 November 2002 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
if the OS is windows 2000
pls refer this posting.
http://orafaq.net/msgboard/oem/messages/417.htm
if the OS is NT/UNIX
refer this posting
http://orafaq.net/msgboard/oem/messages/216.htm
if any of these are not helping you, please open a new thread and post again
Re: VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR [message #68263 is a reply to message #68005] Thu, 27 February 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atul
Hi,
I did whatever has been told here. When I log on to the DBA Studio as sysman/password, then it allows me to do that. But again, from DBA studio, I cant do IMPORT DMP file, it gives authentication errors. As any other user, having system role, I cant even logon to DBA studio. I am kindoff stuck. I just wanted to import dmp file to my local database. I am having Oracle 8i installed on my machine (WIN2kServer).
Any Clues??
Thanks & Regards
Atul
Re: VNI - 2015 : AUTHENTICATION ERROR [message #68816 is a reply to message #67999] Thu, 14 October 2004 22:36 Go to previous message
Brijesh
OK,
I know there are a million posts about this problem but I still cant get my jobs working properly. Here is my situation. I have oracle 8i running on a Windows 2000 server. I have enterprise manager up and running, everything is working properly. When I run a job, I always get this error: vni - 2015 : authentication error. I read all the posts:
1) I created a user on windows 2000 with the same name and password as my user on oracle. However, I do not have the option of adding policys. I can make the user a system administrator, but cannot add the privlidge "Logon as batch job" because I dont have the option available. Where am I supposed to add this. Furthermore, at home I have the same problem, except I am running windows 2000 proffessional, not server.... How am I supposed to add this privlidge?

Thanks for all your help,

Brijesh
Previous Topic: Help with settin up OEM
Next Topic: Is db backup ok if OEM not shut down?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:55:00 CDT 2024