Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Schema backup
Schema backup [message #67932] Wed, 17 July 2002 22:27 Go to next message
Gustavo
Hi, all,
I have a question about backing up a particular schema. We are doing daily online backup with RMAN and weekly offline one. As we changed our system from Mainframe to Unix, there are some users who need to back up their schema frequently to ensure the data conversion. What would be the best way to do it? Thanks for your help.

Gustavo
Re: Schema backup [message #67935 is a reply to message #67932] Fri, 19 July 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
I would have them run an export from their client before they make changes. Or just tell them you have it covered. :) You would need to have a tns entry for the database on their client. Create a batch file for them. Something like:

echo off
set ORACLE_SID=SID
exp username/password@tnsalias parfile=PFILE
exit

Parameter file would look like:

FILE=c:backupsexpdat.dmp
LOG=c:backupsexpdat.log
BUFFER=64000
COMPRESS=Y
GRANTS=Y
INDEXES=Y
ROWS=Y
CONSTRAINTS=Y

This would overwrite the existing dump so you may want to handle that some way if you need to. I would also test it by creating a test schema and doing an import to verify the export is good. Check and make sure of the NLS_LANG it uses. You will also need to install the utilities for the user.
Re: Schema backup [message #67937 is a reply to message #67935] Fri, 19 July 2002 11:58 Go to previous message
Gus
Thanks, Grant. It really helped me a lot.
Previous Topic: end-of-file on communication error
Next Topic: Removing Default Value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:35:31 CDT 2024