Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oracle management server.
Oracle management server. [message #67889] Wed, 26 June 2002 23:22 Go to next message
Milton
I am getting an error message after re-booting my server. When I set the "Oracle management server" service as automatic startup, I get this error message "VXA-2018:unable to connect to OMS registry service" and "ORA-12224:TNS: no listener, error starting Oracle management server". I do not get this error message when I manually startup the service. Please provide whatever information you can.
Thank you.
Re: Oracle management server. [message #67892 is a reply to message #67889] Thu, 27 June 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I beleive this is becuase the database is not open by the time
the OMS tries to connect to it. Make sure that the database services are started before the OMS service.
Re: Oracle management server. [message #67977 is a reply to message #67889] Tue, 13 August 2002 16:11 Go to previous message
Jed Moraga
Whats up Mahesh,

Have you set up a separate listener.ora file for your OMS database? You might have to manually configure that file as well as your TNS names file to make sure that your host server name and TCP/IP protocol, if thats your protocol is configured correctly. You may have to set up the OMS listener to listen at a different port other than the default 1521?
Previous Topic: getting row number
Next Topic: counting records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:42:31 CDT 2024