Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Problem for starting OracleManagementServer manually in services.
Problem for starting OracleManagementServer manually in services. [message #67856] Fri, 31 May 2002 06:53 Go to next message
Caesar
I installed Oracle 8i on my laptop( Windows 2000k pro ). it has been working fine, but i can't remember what i did. I have problem for restarting OracleManagementServer. when i try to restart it, i have an error message like this.
------------------------------------------------------
Could not start the OracleHome81ManagementServer service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error
or an internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
------------------------------------------------------
And the status of OracleServiceDBNAME should be "started", but it says "starting". Please help...

I reinstalled 3 times because of this.
Please help...

Thanks in advance...
Re: Problem for starting OracleManagementServer manually in services. [message #67858 is a reply to message #67856] Sat, 01 June 2002 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAKSHMI NARAYANA
double click the management server and change the mode to automatic and then reboot the system.
make sure that the agent and mgmt server are made automatic before reboot.
after reboot both the services will be started for u automatically.

lakshmi narayana
Re: Problem for starting OracleManagementServer manually in services. [message #67862 is a reply to message #67856] Sun, 09 June 2002 02:40 Go to previous message
pdxdba
I had the same problem.

Open sqlnet.ora and change
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NONE)

The file is in networkadmin

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: what is the rowid type ?
Next Topic: Extending Oracle database 8.1.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:29:36 CDT 2024