Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Problem discovering node
Problem discovering node [message #67820] Fri, 19 April 2002 13:06 Go to next message
Scott Reid
Hi-
I have an 8i server setup on a stand alone (for now) NT station - the db works fine, but I can't discover the node (but manual setup works fine if I shut down the Agent service), so I can't import. Agent, manager and tnslistener service all are running. If I try refreshing the manual node I get an error to the effect of "the node was setup manually, but now there is an agent there." If I remove the node and turn on the Agent, it says it can't communicate with the OMS. Any ideas?
Re: Problem discovering node [message #67823 is a reply to message #67820] Tue, 23 April 2002 03:13 Go to previous message
Melissa
Scott,
Some things to think about -- is there a firewall between where the OMS is running and the where the agent is running? You may have to open up ports.
Also you want to make sure that you have full hostname resolution on both machines. Meaning -- can you ping the hostname of both machines from the opposite machine?
If you are using DNS to resolve through -- make sure the DNS server knows about both the OMS machine and the agent machine.
Hope this helps.
Melissa
Previous Topic: How to get the table creation script (DDL ) in enterprise manager?
Next Topic: Equivalent to DBA studio - URGENT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:43:34 CDT 2024