Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Export-Import Oracle from Unix to Windows 2000
Export-Import Oracle from Unix to Windows 2000 [message #49878] Fri, 15 February 2002 03:13 Go to next message
JJ Lasheras
Hi,

I am worried with a problem that seems very easily to be solved.

We have a Oracle Database Server on a Unix system which want to export and then import to a Oracle Database Server on a Windows 2000.

We are doing it with the export/import commands, ftp in binary mode and with no errors during the import. The only problem is that some fields when we run a dump on a sql do not have the same hexadecimal values (on both systems).
Both have the us7ascii.
The problem is that when we get those values via our Internet aplication doesn´t appear ascii values (espaqa instead of españa). With the Unix database ... no problems at all (althouth vía sqlnet apears espaqa vía internet apears españa)

Please send us any clue that could help us to import correctly the data.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Export-Import Oracle from Unix to Windows 2000 [message #49885 is a reply to message #49878] Fri, 15 February 2002 06:14 Go to previous message
Grant
You have to set NLS_LANG environment variable for both the export and the import. Try that. Set the variable to NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1. I know the default for NLS setting for Windows is WE8ISO8859P1. For unix is US7ASCII. I beleieve import will default to US7ASCII if you do not set NLS_LANG. Note you are losing the 8th bit. That is what holds accent characters so it definately looks like it imported as US7ASCII.
Previous Topic: switching alert.log while db is up
Next Topic: Solution Req to Run Additional Oracle Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 06 17:58:12 CDT 2024