Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » BI Administrator Only Opens Repository as Read-Only (Oracle 11g in Windows XP)
BI Administrator Only Opens Repository as Read-Only [message #492931] Thu, 03 February 2011 12:18 Go to next message
MCBleiweiss
I have been working through a tutorial on creating Repositories and performing Analyses using Oracle Business Intellegence.

(Note: this forum does not allow me to post the link because I have posted fewer than 5 messages. It also won't allow me to attach it as a web [.MHT] file.)

According to this document, the Repository can (must) be opened in On-Line mode when and only when the Oracle BI server is running.

However, when I try to do so using one of the users listed in the Manage / Identity menu, it gives the message that it can only be opened as read-only.

I found one previous post on this problem, but the given solution does not work on my system.
Re: BI Administrator Only Opens Repository as Read-Only [message #494336 is a reply to message #492931] Sun, 13 February 2011 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Did you enable online editing for the repository? (done in enterprise manager, 'em' url opposed to 'console' url)
Re: BI Administrator Only Opens Repository as Read-Only [message #495365 is a reply to message #494336] Fri, 18 February 2011 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MCBleiweiss
I am not able to find the control for that.
Where is it?
Thanks.
Re: BI Administrator Only Opens Repository as Read-Only [message #496169 is a reply to message #495365] Fri, 25 February 2011 00:51 Go to previous message
skooman
It's in the EM console (enterprise manager for BI). Can't remember the exact location, but somewhere around deployments i guess. There is a check box 'allow online editing'.
Check the documentation if you can't find it.

PS online editing is fine for demo or trial purposes, in serious BI development it's not a best practice...
Previous Topic: Dashboard Prompts Across Multiple Subject Areas...
Next Topic: Hi am new to obiee need help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:33:44 CDT 2024