Home » Server Options » Replication » Materialized VIEW flush scenario
Materialized VIEW flush scenario [message #392183] Mon, 16 March 2009 20:16 Go to next message
rajesh_tns
hi all

any solution for this scenario.

1)I have a master site and local site.

2)Materialized view is refreshed at local site... and the results are stored in a cache which Java uses .

3)Any request for the mview data is retrieved from cache.

4)Now I am refreshing matview again using fast refresh.. i.e only records that are changed in the master is updated at the local site.

5) I have to flush the cache .. while flushing i have to flush only those records that are changed.... coz full flush is not good and i have to recache the entire data if i do full flush

My Question is How to identify the records that changed....so that I can only flush those records from cache..

I want to identify the changed records........any ideas you get please.. share with me....

Re: Materialized VIEW flush scenario [message #392304 is a reply to message #392183] Tue, 17 March 2009 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Are you using Advanced Or Basic Replicaion??

Babu
Re: Materialized VIEW flush scenario [message #392341 is a reply to message #392304] Tue, 17 March 2009 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajesh_tns
sorry i dont know the differences between the two types..
does the approach change if we are using one of them?

how about this ..

adding a column called Indicator_flag and mark them to 'C' if any record changed and allowed them to propogate to local replicas.

but if the answer is this simple if would have been implemented before itself..

am not sure about this answer.

please suggest

Regards
Raj
Re: Materialized VIEW flush scenario [message #392417 is a reply to message #392341] Tue, 17 March 2009 22:26 Go to previous message
babuknb

>>adding a column called Indicator_flag and mark them to 'C' if any record changed and allowed them to propogate to local replicas

According to your statement; Your using Complete Refresh from pl-sql code or Java Code.

>>sorry i dont know the differences between the two types..

If you provide exact details; We will try to solve your problem

Babu
Previous Topic: MVs associated with a MV LOG
Next Topic: materialized view question.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:25:55 CDT 2024