Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle 10g Services Problem (Windows XP SP3)
icon14.gif  Oracle 10g Services Problem [message #387885] Sat, 21 February 2009 06:03 Go to next message
Saqlain
I am facing a problem

I have to deliver an oracle application to the clients. Means one client with many different machines on different locations. I have to install Oracle 10g DB and my application on some machines individually (each machine with Oracle DB and my Application).

On Windows Administrator account, i do not want to give them access.

So i make an account lets say "XYZ" user name and assign him group named as "Users" in Windows XP machine. I do not want him to be even a "Power User" of windows users group.

But the problem is that when i login from Administrator account, i can start and stop Oracle Services which are set Manual.
But when i login from XYZ user which belongs to "Users" group of windows, That user can not start Oracle Services.

Any recommendations from any member?

Saqlain
Re: Oracle 10g Services Problem [message #387891 is a reply to message #387885] Sat, 21 February 2009 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
But when i login from XYZ user which belongs to "Users" group of windows, That user can not start Oracle Services.

Do you want this or not?

In the end, it is more a Windows question than an Oracle one and you should post it in a Windows forum.

Regards
Michel
Re: Oracle 10g Services Problem [message #387982 is a reply to message #387891] Sun, 22 February 2009 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saqlain
I want this user XYZ to start and stop the service. And sir i posted this question on this forum because im having problem in oracle services due to windows user rights

Thanks

Saqlain
Re: Oracle 10g Services Problem [message #396823 is a reply to message #387885] Wed, 08 April 2009 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vivekv_dba
the user xyz should be in oradba group to stop and start oracle services.

regards
Vivek
Re: Oracle 10g Services Problem [message #396850 is a reply to message #387982] Wed, 08 April 2009 02:55 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I want this user XYZ to start and stop the service.

So give it the privilege to start and stop a service which is a Windows privilege and Windows guys should be able to answer this question.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: SQL Statement inside DOS Bat File
Next Topic: default window xp theme got crashed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:00:43 CDT 2024