Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Jobs Scheduling and Chains (Oracle 10 g)
Jobs Scheduling and Chains [message #383498] Thu, 29 January 2009 00:38 Go to next message
james.steven

Hello Guys!

Am kind a new to oracle database and i found myself stuck regarding jobs their scheduling and chains, so i thought people here might help me.

See In Oracle 10g Enterprise Manager you can create jobs and schedule them to run on specific times. So i created my jobs and they are working fine, I mean executing successfully!

But my problem is that i want to apply certain conditions regarding jobs execution, lets say I WANT (Job A) TO EXECUTE FIRST AND IF IT IS NOT BROKEN THEN EXECUTE (Job B) OTHERWISE DON'T EXECUTE (Job B) but i don't know where to put these conditions? I got to know that chains in Enterprise Manager is something that could help me, but when i went there to create a chain in Enterprise Manager, i was not able to find where to attach my job with the chain and where to put those IF ELSE Conditions?

Kindly Help

Regard's
JS

Re: Jobs Scheduling and Chains [message #383932 is a reply to message #383498] Sat, 31 January 2009 12:39 Go to previous message
babuknb

You need to help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
So we can help you & please be consistent & correct in your postings.

Why you want to go DBA Scheduler?? You can implement using script language

What’s your actually problem?

Babu

[Updated on: Sat, 31 January 2009 12:51] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: OUI-10133 error on install
Next Topic: Cannot open Enterprise Manager (merged 3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:41:52 CDT 2024