Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » replace null in report
replace null in report [message #357022] Mon, 03 November 2008 10:11 Go to next message
andi_raj
A report created using bi publisher has null displayed in date field where there is no date. I want null to be replaced by just blank space. kindly help.
raj
Re: replace null in report [message #357027 is a reply to message #357022] Mon, 03 November 2008 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
What do you mean by displaying null?
Is it displaying "NULL" or "null"? If so there is some code to do that.
As my knowledge, in general BI Publisher won't replace null with "NULL" or "null". Some one has written some code in rtf. Cross check for that.

I copied the below text from the User Guide:
Quote:
• To define behavior when the element is present and the value is not null, use the following:
<?if:element_name!=?> desired behavior when the element exists and is not null <?end if?>
• To define behavior when the element is present, but is null, use the following:
<?if:element_name and element_name="?> desired behavior when the element exists but value is null <?end if?>
• To define behavior when the element is not present, use the following:
<?if:not(element_name)?> desired behavior when the element is not present <?end if?>
By
Vamsi
Re: replace null in report [message #357028 is a reply to message #357022] Mon, 03 November 2008 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How does this look like (screenshot, possibly)?

A DATE column can contain dates (such as 03.11.2008 (dd.mm.yyyy)) or it can be empty so its value is NULL. A DATE column's value can not be a blank space as it is a character string.

Basically, if you select NULL from a table, it is displayed as NULL (on a paper, it looks as if it was invisible).

Now, I don't use BI Publisher so this might be a tricky question which requires some settings to be done, but - theoretically speaking, NULLS are simply NULLS. You don't have to do anything about them /forum/fa/3314/0/.
Re: replace null in report [message #357036 is a reply to message #357028] Mon, 03 November 2008 11:29 Go to previous message
andi_raj
@littlefoot

i do not know how to attach screen shot. I just tried using ctrl+PrtSc and saved it in word file. I am attaching the word file wherein the first row has value as null against date column

i could not attach word doc hence using paint i created as gif and attaching screen shot. thanks i have learnt new thing too
@vamsi

yes it is a problem with rtf creation. but still when i attach this file to my apex page and when i am opening report through word document i am getting the values "null" against date column.
As you have suggested i will try to use <if endif > but the problem where to place? i will try to locate

thanks
andi_raj/forum/fa/5239/0//forum/fa/5239/0/
  • Attachment: sc.GIF
    (Size: 63.23KB, Downloaded 6544 times)
Previous Topic: Custom or Dynamic Hierarchy
Next Topic: ODBC to OBIEE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:39:45 CDT 2024