Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » A little guidance....please..... (EM 10g Grid Control Rel. 2)
A little guidance....please..... [message #334564] Thu, 17 July 2008 02:39
donneskold
Hi all,

I am currently implementing Grid Control in my organization and need a little help in this....

I apologize for bundling up the questions and hope you will all be able to help me...

To give you an idea about the implementation, there are about 25 servers (all on the Windows platform), with approximately 3 instances each. It is a mixture of 10.2.0.1 and 9.2.0.5 instances. THERE ARE NO CLUSTERS/RAC implementations. The 9i and 10g instances are currently on separate servers. I have created a separate server and installed EM 10g R2(10.2.0.2) on this. I upgraded the OMS as well as the agent on my test server (one of the 25), according to the instructions given in the README of the 10.2.0.4 patchset, successfully. I also created one more instance, using the same installation to create a separate db in a different location, which I intend to use as my catalog db for backups.
Now my questions:

1. I want to upgrade my repository db from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.4 and am not sure which patch I am supposed to use for the same. Based on Note ID 553812 in metalink, I downloaded patch 6810189, but that can only upgrade 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4. Can one of you please help me by giving me the patch number for this upgrade?

2. I am trying to get more Virtual Memory allocated to the servers. But before doing this, my boss wants me to show me how well the services use the existing configs. I know that some reports to show the CPU usage, Disk usage etc is possible through the "Reports" tab. But this only generating graphs and not in tabular format.
Could one of you please point me to a document that will enable to create a tabular report showing the Disk,CPU usage etc? Or if one you have done this, could you please share the steps used for the same?

3. Can we backup 9i Database through 10.1.0.5 or 10.2.0.4 database, using RMAN? I ask this since I got a version incompatible error when testing on a 9i test database, when trying to register the same in my catalog.

4. Also, when using TDP, can we use the same tdpo.out for all instances on the server, or is a separate tdpo.out needed for each instance?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions......
Previous Topic: EM connection error
Next Topic: Cannot access EM from client side
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:38:24 CDT 2024